Dr. habil. Tetiana Vilkul
Links to academic profiles
- 2007–2022 - Institute of History of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev, Ukraine), Senior Research Associate
- 2001–2007 - Institute of History of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev, Ukraine), Research Associate
- 1997–2001 - Institute of History of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev, Ukraine), Junior Research Associate
- 1992–1997 - Мykhailo Hrushevsʹky Institute of Ukrainian Archeography and Fontology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev, Ukraine), Junior Research Associate
- 1987–1992 - Diploma of Higher Education, Kiev State Pedagogical University, History Department (Kiev, Ukraine)
- October 26, 2001 - Dissertation (degree of Candidate of Sciences): PhD thesis “Old Rusʹ Veche in the second half 11th–13th Centuries” at the Institute of History of Ukraine National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev) under supervision of Dr. Oleksiy Tolochko.
The dissertation was devoted to studies such a phenomenon as the Old Rusʹ veche (popular assembly in ancient Rusʹ) in the light of political concepts of Rusʹ chroniclers.
- December 25, 2015 - Habilitation (degree of Doctor of Sciences): The second thesis “The Chronographic Component of the pre-Mongol Kievan Chronicles and the Origin of the Old Rusʹ chronographs.”
Old Rusʹ historical texts can be divided into two categories: chroniclers (letopistsy) were tasked with writing “the history of the fatherland,” while “the world history” belonged to the domain of translators of the Byzantine chronicles and histories, as well as to compilers of chronographs (compendia). The dissertation is the first to combine these two subfields of source studies.
Letzte Änderung: 25.11.2022